Re: [amibroker] Re: AmiBroker 4.94.0 BETA released

Kim --
Unfortunately, you started at the wrong end of your reading list.  Start with Howard's book first.  Implement some of his examples.  Then make minor modifications until you make a mistake.  That's right, mistakes are good, assuming you then make the effort to fix them.
-- Keith

mytakeismine wrote:

Maybe I shouldn't jump in, however...
I know what I would like to see and I think after reading others
comments that they too would like to see Not More Canned indicators
and the like but better documentation along the way. Possibly more
examples but even they don't help if you don't get some of the
concepts.

For all of you that "Get It" and understand it, you can look at, read
it and implement. Not so for some of us who still love to trade and
want to learn AFL and AMI. Now I love to learn new things yet I do
suffer from a slight learning disability but when I finally get
something I run with it.

Ok I have asked the question and have received good answers as to
where to obtain the knowledge. I bought C++ Demystified, OOP
Demystified and Howard's new book Quantitative Trading. I have to
admit I haven't read any of them all the way through (more than half
for the first 2) but I wasn't getting it. (I don't have C++ so
reading with out using fell short.)

So IS there a prerequisite to AMI? Does every one but Me get it? Do I
want it dumbed down? NO. But maybe a poll should be taken "How
comfortable are you with AMI"

The answer for me would be a "Code" tutorial that teaches hands on
syntax for use with arrays (for that is the strength of AMI?) and
help files setting for skilled and unskilled where unskilled may dive
deeper.

I could keep going but much too long already!

Thanks Tomasz for all your good work.
It will sink in for me at some point.

Cheers
Kim J