[amibroker] Re: AmiBroker 4.94.0 BETA released

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mytakeismine" <mytakeismine@xxx>
wrote:

> The answer for me would be a "Code" tutorial that teaches hands on
> syntax for use with arrays (for that is the strength of AMI?) and
> help files setting for skilled and unskilled where unskilled may dive
> deeper.

Kim,

You are quite right.

I have been slowly but surely campaigning on these issues since I
purchased Ami last year.

One thing we have to remember is that Ami users are a diverse group and
they are all entitled to their *say*.

The user group ranges from alpha-techs on one hand to click and
pointers on the other.

While we are all entitled to our say, and it is beneficial that we do
exchange our opinions, there is only one person who has the difficult
job of balancing all of the competing needs and aligning them to a long
term vision.

Without limiting myself to any faction, I have been speaking up on
behalf of new users and those who approach Ami from a non-tech
perspective.

The UserKnowledgeBase, which is under discussion behind the scenes, is
a culmination of efforts along those lines by many who have spoken for
the cause in the past.
Provided it attracts a diverse group of contributors it will cater for
a diverse range of users.

I will be contibuting and my own style is new user, contextual learning
orientated with an emphasis on visual aids.
I am aware that many will not agree with that approach but a small % of
users will and that is the group I am writing for.

Other contribtors will cater for other interest groups.

Unfortunately advanced and long term users will probably miss out but
it is a fair bet that they would prefer program enhancements before
training and document enhancements.

That is why I will never complain about features like GFX provided
others don't complain about PDF's with pictures in them.

Once again the UKB will not be perfect but if Ami ever does achieve
perfection what would we do with ourselves?

We would all be bored out of our brains.

Watch this space.

Brian.