[amibroker] Re: AmiBroker 4.94.0 BETA released

One of the strengths of AB / AFL is Exploration.  It allows one to
see the intermediate results of what one is doing in an easily
readable format bar by bar thus to a large degree demystifying
what's happening.  This can answer a lot of questions about why 100
lines down in some piece of AFL the desired results weren't
obtained.  The difference for the most part between those who get it
and those who don't with straight forward AFL is in the use of built
in tools like this.

For more advanced stuff like possibly what's going on inside loops
or custom backtester there is always _Trace which can possibly
provide more detailed information in a possibly slightly less
friendly manner.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mytakeismine" <mytakeismine@xxx>
wrote:

> Maybe I shouldn't jump in, however...
> I know what I would like to see and I think after reading others
> comments that they too would like to see Not More Canned
indicators
> and the like but better documentation along the way. Possibly more
> examples but even they don't help if you don't get some of the
> concepts.
>
> For all of you that "Get It" and understand it, you can look at,
read
> it and implement. Not so for some of us who still love to trade
and
> want to learn AFL and AMI. Now I love to learn new things yet I do
> suffer from a slight learning disability but when I finally get
> something I run with it.
>
> Ok I have asked the question and have received good answers as to
> where to obtain the knowledge. I bought C++ Demystified, OOP
> Demystified and Howard's new book Quantitative Trading. I have to
> admit I haven't read any of them all the way through (more than
half
> for the first 2) but I wasn't getting it. (I don't have C++ so
> reading with out using fell short.)
>
> So IS there a prerequisite to AMI? Does every one but Me get it?
Do I