[amibroker] Re: CBT: Scaled trades

Paul, appreciate the feedback, but that's exactly where the
difficulty is. See below.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Paul Ho" <paultsho@xxx> wrote:

> 1. Cash is a property of the backtester
>     so bo.Cash gives you the available cash at each bar;

I understand. This is the cash available at the end (start) of the
(next) bar. Say my scaling takes place at bar 2, assuming I get my
signals on the close of bar 1.

> 2. posize and poscore are properties of the signal object.
> if you want to you can do all your selling/scaleout first, and use
the
> available cash to do what you need.

With CBT & Rotational (see TJ's original code @
http://www.amibroker.com/kb/2006/03/06/re-balancing-open-positions/),

I cannot get to the amount of cash generated by the ScaleOut-trades,
let alone allocate cash over the subsequent ScaleIn trades since
signal.Type cannot specify between the two. Also, the possize and
posscore in the rebalancing are different from those used for the
entry/exit trades, i.e. I have defined them within the pos =
GetFirstOpenPos loop.

> and use the bo.EntrerTrade or bo.ScaleTrade to do what you need.

My conclusion, and I hope I'm wrong: bo.ScaleTrade in rotational mode
cannot be ranked/get trade-specific cash allocations in case one uses
rebalancing criteria within the OpenPositions-list.

This strategy may sounds complicated, but isn't. As I've written
elsewhere, I simply want to hold all constituents of an index all the
time, but reweight (e.g. monthly) the positions based on stock-
specific arrays, 1 being my score, and the second the official
relative weight of the stock in the index, both of which obviously
change over time.

PS

>   _____

On Behalf