[amibroker] Re: Account Margin

Dave
Does this mean that even though the PositionSize is the same as the
Capital ($10,000) the position value that is reflected in the trade
log is 90:10 CFD borrowings? In other words, "Capital" is your money
and PositionSize is the combination of $9,000 CFD borrowings and
$1,000 your money?
Bernard
PS - Sorry for getting you in trouble with the "mahdi".

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Smith" <david.smith5@xxx>
wrote:

> Hi Bernard,
>
> try the following.  As I understand position sizing, when you set
position
> size it is setting the actual postion bought, so a $1000 deposit
on 10 %
> margin will be a position size of $10000.  It also depends if you
meant
> actual risk per trade or you meant a deposit of $1000 per trade
(this is
> also called fixed position size).
>
> For fixed position size, this is simply as follows ( I like to set
> everything in my code rather than using the tester).
> Capital = 10000; // Initial Capital $10,000
> Margin = 10; // Margin 10 % CFDs
> // Position Sizing
> PercentCapitalpertrade =  10; // ie $1000 out of a $10K account
> PositionSize = Capital * PercentCapitalPerTrade / Margin;
> // Initial Trade Parameters
> SetOption("InitialEquity", Capital );
> SetOption("MarginRequirement", Margin); // CFD trading requiring
10 % margin

> Alternatively you can just set PositionSize =10000;  // ie $1000
deposit on
> 10 % margin
>
> For $1000 risk, you need to set the risk according to the stop
value.  Check
> the user manual for this full explanation of this.
>
> Positionsize = -2*BuyPrice/(StopDelta);
>
> Cheers, Dave
>

> etc....

On Behalf