Re: [amibroker] Re: Trendlines displaced after split

Do you know of software that automatically adjusts trendlines for adjusted prices (dividends and splits)?

Bill
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2007 11:19 AM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: Trendlines displaced after split

Hello,

Many things affect a stocks perceived value.  Trend lines are drawn to detect when the perceived value of a company is continuing or changing from the past expectations.  If a stock split will have an effect on the the perceived value of a company and cause the price to rise or fall then this can be detected by a split adjusted trend line study.  Support and resistance lines also are revelent, but only of adjusted for the split.  A horizontal price line that was drawn as an entry price would also benefit from being split adjusted.  Generally every study I can imagine would only be useful if adjusted for the post split prices.

AB's seems to lack the ability to adjust studies to the adjusted post split historical prices.
Leaving a study hanging in the air, perhaps so far from the current price that it can not even be seen on the chart anymore is not IMHO desirable.

How might one go about adjusting study prices for a split in AFL?
Would it be desirable for AB to have an option to adjust study prices along with stock prices?
Should a request be put in for this feature?

All the data is available to make this adjustment in AB.  The study handles are tagged with the date and price, so it can be figured out if a handle needs to be adjusted.

Dennis