[amibroker] Re: AB charting improvements (revisited)

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dennis Brown <see3d@xxx> wrote:

> I took a look at WordPress.org.  It sounds interesting and should
be
> capable of what you and I are interested in.  I just don't know
how
> easy or hard it would be to create and maintain compared to other
> solutions.

It is easy to use and Tomasz is doing the admin.
Essentially it is a blogging tool and almost anyone could set up
their own WordPress blog without using any special IT skills.

> As far as indexes go.  What I envision ULTIMATELY  is quite easy
> conceptualize, but the details might get complex.

Yes, WordPress provides for indexed pages.
It can do the things you are talking about.
It could expand in any direction depending on what Tomasz wants to do
with it.
It can be a fully interactive blog like site if required.

The real issue is getting the information in there.
It all depends on the contributors.
If the info is in there it will be easy enough to find.

 > Anyway, my original request was just a simple double entry AFL
> (alpha and category) to all the pages with specific information in
> the list of docs.

Information within Ami is spread around between the discussion
groups, AFL library, AmiKB, DevLog, the Help manual and other places.
It would be a huge challenge to see all of that indexed in one place.

The discussion group knowledge will never be dug out and compiled.
Perhaps there is a way to manage the rest.
Would the benefit be worth the effort that has to go into it?
Then there is the question of ongoing maintenance.

Brian.