[amibroker] Re: Buy Error on Embeded coniditonal statement

Graham

In my real system I noticed that I was getting buy signals on bars
that did not meet my conditions. I then ended up stringing the
elements of my conditions in one Buy statement. I then got the
correct buy signals. For example the buy statement from the example
below would become:
buy = Close > MA(close, 3) and Close>5 and Volume > 100;
the above buy statement produces correct buy signals but the
following wouldn't:

Cond1 = Close > MA(close, 3);
Cond2 = Cond1 and Close>5;
Cond3 = Volume > 100;
Buy = cond2 and cond3;

That is why I thought there must be an issue to using the condition
within another condition. Am I missing something?

ps. keep in mind the above example is used to illustrate my point may
not produce the error.