[amibroker] Re: help with weighted index

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael.S.G." <OzFalconAB@xxx>
wrote:

>  > I have a user group *training project* ticking away in the
background.
> Sounds interesting. At this rate we will have quite a few topics
> covered. Lets hope we get some more people with good projects!
> ie
> Freds IO system
> Grahams Expert AFL help
> My ASX & Linux setups
> Your New user training project
> Hermans IntoToATC
> Community Framework setup
> Anything else I missed?

A lot of people have contributed informally over the years, by
posting, and people still reference the archives to access that
material.
Even the small contributions add up.

Forums seem to be reactive by nature.
Perhaps that is user preference.

My efforts won't go anywhere near the advanced and professional
presentations of the above group.

Recently I found that I was losing my own Ami research.
At the end of my *projects* I started summarising the outcomes by
putting screenshots, code and notes into PDF's so I could manage it
better.
>From there I decided,*Why not put some of the general interest stuff
up for use by others?*

I am just going to put a few generic folders up at the third party
site and upload some basic training type material from time to time.
If others join in it might have a life.
If not I will let it die a natural death.

My idea is to take some of the training burden off Tomasz and to have
some template-like answers that we can refer users to instead of
answering the same old questions over and over.

The negative is that home made training material is bound to contain
mistakes, but I think the positives outweigh the negatives.

I have to discuss it with Tomasz first though because PDF's are
resource hungry and he might not want GB's of stuff on the servers.

> If you are going to put it into the 3rd party section, May I
suggest you
> do it in HTML.

I doubt if I would do that as I don't have the skills base for it
without gong to the text books.
People like and understand PDF's and they are so portable.
If anyone wants to jump on the bandwagon PDF's can easily be made to
a reasonable level without any special skills or costs e.g. I made
some using a free PDF creator and with a few arrows and circles
marked on some screenshots captured in MS's paint.

Why do you recommend HTML?

Brian_z