RE: [amibroker] Detecting barcount = 0

Both Scan and Explore are based on signals. No bar = No signal.
unless you can create dummy bar and dummy signals.

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of whitneybroach
Sent: Sunday, 8 April 2007 8:58 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Detecting barcount = 0

While creating watchlists from external files, I encounter the problem
of a symbol having zero bars in the current database. I intend to
export required bars from another program into the db to fix these.

Detecting all of the zero-bar symbols is the task.

Can AFL report a zero-bar symbol?

So far code like this produces nothing in Scan or Explore:
===============
NumColumns = 2;
setbarsrequired( 0, 0 );
bi = BarIndex();
lvbi= LastValue( bi );
EnableTextOutput( True );
Sell = Short = Cover = 0;
Filter = Buy = lvbi < 2;
if ( Buy )
{
addcolumn( lvbi, "lvbi", 1.0, colordefault, colordefault );
}