Re: [amibroker] Re: watchlist sorting (vers 4.91.1)

Hi Tomasz,

Well, no one will ever get any "image problem" ideas from me, and I
apologize for possibly inadvertently creating one.  It's a great
program, period.

I did go ahead and try the upgrade.  I'm not experiencing any
problems that I notice.  I haven't tried everything yet, but I'll get
around to it.

The new enhancements to the watchlist system are warmly welcomed.

Quick question:  I have three watchlists in my primary database, one
each for the Nikkei 225, 300, and 500 indices.  I also have a full
Japan database (more than 3000 symbols) that I have not organized
very much.  Since watchlists now have a folder, an index file, and
ticker lists, would it now be possible to copy a watchlist, or
watchlists, from one database to another?  It would seem that this
might be an easy thing to do, but I don't want to mess around with
the innards until I know what I'm doing.

Thanks,

Yuki

Sunday, April 8, 2007, 1:43:46 AM, you wrote:

TJ> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Yuki Taga <yukitaga@xxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Tomasz,
>>
>> This is the first beta that I am hesitant to load -- I'm hearing so
>> many problems.

TJ> And that is what I really hate about this list. That people come up
TJ> whinning without really checking things.
TJ> All "Syntax errors" problems were because people were using RESERVED
TJ> words in their formulas. I provided the simple way to replace every
TJ> reserved word
TJ> http://www.amibroker.com/kb/2007/04/05/new-keywords-in-afl-and-
TJ> possible-conflict-with-user-defined-variables/

TJ> Still after repeating this 10 times people came here claiming that it
TJ> is a bug in AmiBroker and that I should fix something. After another
TJ> round of 20 e-mails it turned out that it was their formula.
TJ> But the damage was already made - people like you are afraid that beta
TJ> is buggy and the image of product is destroyed.
TJ> Why - simply because people DID NOT follow the instructions given many
TJ> times and did not bother to actually check if they use reserved words.

TJ> The same with watch lists - there may be some display / refresh issue
TJ> still present but generally speaking it is working just fine PLUS
TJ> watch lists in old format are NOT affected so even if you do something
TJ> you can revert back and your old watchlists will be untouched
TJ> in old version.

TJ> All in all I am not going to run circles to convince anyone that this
TJ> beta is as good as any previous versions.
TJ> What I am considering now is to STOP releasing betas to the public at
TJ> all. It is causing too much stress for me and to much work answering
TJ> all those unchecked bug claims.
TJ> I will probably move to closed-beta scheme where betas will be
TJ> available only to selected people.
TJ> All the others will just get released official version.

TJ> Best regards,
TJ> Tomasz Janeczko
TJ> amibroker.com

Best,