[amibroker] Re: New Yahoo Database

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jrswindle2001" <jr.ab@xxx> wrote:

> If anyone is interested, I have posted a new AB blank database
(stocks)
> on my website. Data is effective as of 04/05/2007

Jim,

Thanks.
Your contribution fills a gap in the AB platform and is a good
example of what the combined efforts of the community can do.
Yahoo + your classification provide an excellent free *starting*
database for new users.
I understand that some long term traders also use Yahoo with success
so I am sure they are happy with your efforts also.

I used your setup again yesterday.

For the benefit of others:

I followed the simple instructions exactly and had no problems;
I used the setup as at March2007;
8647 symbols were installed in my US-Stocks database;
559 contained no data e.g. ^MSCISC index;
symbol searches at Yahoo indicate that the *no data problem* is at
their end i.e ^MSCISC does indeed exist in their listings but if
entered at YahooFinance as a symbol their site reports *historical
data does not exist for this symbol*;
I believe the sector/industry classifications are Hemscotts's;
I downloaded 10 years history in approx 8 hours using DSL;
and I backed up the database by copy/pasting to an external drive
using WindowsExplorer.
The backup opened correctly from with AB>open database.

I used tools>database purify in AB with all symbols, n == 1
quotes>show missing quotes to find the stock with no data.
A column sort in database purify gave me the list of no quotes stock
and I shift/selected all of these and sent them to a watchlist for
deletion if required.

Brian_Z