Re: [amibroker] Re: Intelligent Optimizer Help

Guess that explains why you are such an excellent word-smith(if the term makes sense to you).

Always fun to read your emails and sometimes instructive too. Thank you for the market breadth code.

Regards

On 3/19/07, Yuki Taga <yukitaga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Fred,

F> ... 50 pages of doc that doesn't explain much ? ... hmmm ...

F> I think you'll find I'm fairly responsive to email ...

F> Note to self ... Next time, don't waste time writing doc ...

No, no, no, no.  Please.

It's just that you programmer types -- and excellent programmer types
to be sure -- can't possibly understand what we non-programmer types
can't "grok" (Stranger In A Strange Land: Robert A. Heinlein).

You get it, and we don't.

So you cannot really appreciate or understand how others cannot
possibly get it, and that is quite understandable.

I speak Japanese as a first language.  It's a wickedly difficult
language for foreigners to understand, particularly foreigners from
the Indo-European language group, but actually for *all* foreigners.
Our Korean cousins from just across the strait are totally lost.
Chinese grammar and syntax more closely resembles English grammar and
syntax than Japanese.

Japanese is so difficult that the Jesuits called it "The Devil's
Language", believing that, perhaps, the devil invented it as a
barrier to the spread of Christianity.

I am inclined to think that AFL, or actually programming in general,
is "The Devil's Language".  It was designed by the devil (no, TJ, you
are not the devil, actually, it's probably just Marcin ^_-), with the
express purpose of keeping us non-Freemasons in total darkness.

And it works!

So don't blame your docs, Fred, or people who can't understand your
docs.

You just have to write your docs as if you are writing to a liberal
arts major.

Me:  (after Tokyo University)  Colombia University - Journalism; MA
at Georgetown University in another discipline.  Does any of this
sound the least bit "binary" (or mathematic, or even logical) to you?

Do you understand what a hole I'm in here???  At least, I have lots
of company.  ^_^

Yuki

http://us.click.yahoo.com/4It09A/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/GHeqlB/TM