[amibroker] Re: Timeshift change due to summer time

Bill,
I am working with e-mini intraday, not Forex. Thanks for the
suggestions anyway.

Since Tomasz is in Europe I am hoping for miracles - that he will
find some work around through AB intraday settings.

Sursod

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "halliday_mo" <halliday_mo@xxx>
wrote:

> Sursod,
>
> If you're working Forex data from Finam, I've been trying to
resolve
> this same problem for two days now. I POed Thomasz during the
process
> and Graham Kavanagh's program Export Intraday Data (in the AFL
> Library) was very helpful.
>
> I had just exported the "old" data using his program with Time
Shift
> 0 to store all the past data in 'Server Time' when I realized what
> Finam had done was to change their system time.
>
> If you leave the setting's as they were before the U.S. went on
> daylight savings and download current Intraday data, the time
> settings on your charts will be correct.
>
> I think the next hurdle will be when Russia goes on daylight
savings
> time on the last Sunday in March. We may have to use Grahams
> technique at that time! And then maybe not! We'll see what Finam
does.

> Bill
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "sursod" <sursod@> wrote:
> >
> > When America changes to daylight saving time 2 weeks ahead of
> > Europe, "timeshift" for intraday setting becomes one hour less.
If
> the
> > intraday setting is changed to give the correct timestamp of
9:30
> for
> > the opening bar of the current period, all previous opening bars
> have
> > time stamp of 10:30. This will louse up any TA system based on
day
> > session only intraday bars.
> >
> > As far as I can see there is only one day session hour setting
and
> it
> > is global (cannot vary this according to prescribed time
periods) I
> > have tried changing timeshift, day session hours, merge 2 lots
of
> data
> > collected using different settings. Nothing works.
> >
> > Clues anyone? Thanks.
> >
> > Sursod

Transfer from your equities account.
Receive up to $1,000 from GFT. Click here to learn more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aZttyC/X_xQAA/cosFAA/GHeqlB/TM