[amibroker] Re: Timeshift change due to summer time

Sursod,

If you're working Forex data from Finam, I've been trying to resolve
this same problem for two days now. I POed Thomasz during the process
and Graham Kavanagh's program Export Intraday Data (in the AFL
Library) was very helpful.

I had just exported the "old" data using his program with Time Shift
0 to store all the past data in 'Server Time' when I realized what
Finam had done was to change their system time.

If you leave the setting's as they were before the U.S. went on
daylight savings and download current Intraday data, the time
settings on your charts will be correct.

I think the next hurdle will be when Russia goes on daylight savings
time on the last Sunday in March. We may have to use Grahams
technique at that time! And then maybe not! We'll see what Finam does.

Bill

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "sursod" <sursod@xxx> wrote:

> When America changes to daylight saving time 2 weeks ahead of
> Europe, "timeshift" for intraday setting becomes one hour less. If
the
> intraday setting is changed to give the correct timestamp of 9:30
for
> the opening bar of the current period, all previous opening bars
have
> time stamp of 10:30. This will louse up any TA system based on day
> session only intraday bars.
>
> As far as I can see there is only one day session hour setting and
it
> is global (cannot vary this according to prescribed time periods) I
> have tried changing timeshift, day session hours, merge 2 lots of
data
> collected using different settings. Nothing works.
>
> Clues anyone? Thanks.
>
> Sursod

Transfer from your equities account.
Receive up to $1,000 from GFT. Click here to learn more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aZttyC/X_xQAA/cosFAA/GHeqlB/TM