Re: [amibroker] Auto add symbol

Hi Michael,

Sunday, March 4, 2007, 6:43:40 PM, you wrote:

MSG> Yuki,
MSG> Thanks for the info,
MSG> (I don't get a dialog box - But thats my doing I think)

Maybe Linux' doing?  I really want to dump MS.  But I won't until
*all* the problems with running AB on Linux are solved.  (I mean
solved as in: AB is compiled for Linux.)

I am praying for a developer epiphany. But I'm probably wasting my
prayers.  TJ, do you know where Damascus is, or how that relates to
epiphany?  (^_-)

The irony here has to be that, the more complex AB becomes, the less
suitable it becomes for casual Windows users, and the more it might
appeal to Linux users.  We shall see what the "Code Wizard" brings in
a few months.  Obviously, and sadly, TJ's monetary base is in
Windows.  I don't blame him from that standpoint at all.

I'm certainly looking forward to it (the Code Wizard), but the code
wizards already living in Poland still haven't figured out how to
make my 1minute periodicity code match the output it produces when
that same code runs in daily periodicity -- yet.  I'm not hiding
anything from them, either -- they basically wrote the 1minute
version for me, which I am eternally grateful for ... except that it
doesn't work, which is to say it doesn't match, which means that it
doesn't work.  What more can I say?

The blame, so far, is being cast upon the data, but I believe I can
prove, and indeed have *proven*, that the data is not the problem.

(A couple of years ago, it was, but eSignal has vastly improved --
maybe because I beat on them and their errors like a bad stepchild --
and Japan is perhaps a unique market, especially compared to the
amorphous thing known as Nasdaq, where "Opening Price" is something
that can't really be nailed down.)

I will keep the list posted on how this, pardon the expression,
develops.

Replies probably need a new subject line, maybe even an OT.  ^_^

Best,

Yuki

Transfer from your equities account.
Receive up to $1,000 from GFT. Click here to learn more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aZttyC/X_xQAA/cosFAA/GHeqlB/TM