Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 3:26 PM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Refresh Parameter Window

Different people, different opinions Thomasz. In other words, I do not agree with what you're telling me. Of course speed is important in AmiBroker when plotting graphs, doing backtests etc. etc. But when talking about the interactive or GUI part, the official standard for me is 2 seconds. And refreshing a Window does not cost 2 seconds. Even less than 1 second. I am doing this in Visual Foxpro and am getting an immediate refresh. So I just don't buy your argument. But what is even worse, by not giving a refresh possibility in the Parameter Window I cannot solve my problem. And the problem is simple. Sometimes I want to see certain Params in the Window and other times I don't. Simply because they can create errors during the selection process. Something that will cost me a lot more time than a simple refresh, Finally, why not let the AmiBroker user decide if he or she wants to use the refresh function in the Parameter Window yes or no ...

Best regards,
Ton Sieverding.