[amibroker] Re: Developing My First System

Bill:

For what it's worth, I read your document.  I am in the same boat as
you - i.e. trying to learn the recently acquired Amibroker software.

I, for one, found your document helpful in terms of what you have to
do to build a "first-try" system.

Let me know if you have any more updates to your document or, you
decide to write another.

Thank you,
Matt

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bill Halliday <halliday_mo@xxx>
wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
>   I uploaded a revision my first document called "My First System"
and in the process renamed it to "Developing My First System". Go to
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/ and press the
PageDown 8 times to locate the file.

>   This is the description I used: For Beginners. I'm a beginning
system developer and I wrote this while developing an
initial "fictitious" system. I hope it helps you getting started.

>   I intended to teach myself how to used AmiBroker. My first
effort, after reading parts of the Users Guide, was to program
something I'd never done before.

>   The reason I placed this 20 page document in the Files area is
two fold: 1) To ask more advanced users to tell me if I'm going in
the right direction, before I waisting time doing everything wrong
and 2) To help other newbies like myself get started.