Re: [amibroker] Re: I think the real defect of Amibroker is charting

Hi Brian!

I consider myself a chartist and, with your permission, I'll throw in my
needs, some of which, I understand have been addressed.

I visually review all of the charts my scans turn up.  This can sometimes be
as many as 200 charts in a day, for possible entry the following day.

Obviously, I cannot trade all of them, no matter how good my scans are..

So my next step is to look at the promising charts, maybe 75 that I have
checked from the 200 and added to my temporary watch list for this cut.
Amibroker is pretty good here, but flagging them and keeping the flagged
items in a temporary list was still a bit cumbersome, last time I tried it.

I then review the new temporary watch list and look at them with different
filters and criteria. (a new screen) This cut will typically result in a new
temporary watch list that may have as many as 30 stocks.

I then review this list with another filter screen and reduce it to another
temporary list of perhaps 15.

After a couple more cuts, I will have perhaps 1 or 2 stocks that I might
trade, depending on what happens the following day.

It's laborious, but that is the lot of this position trader/swing trader ;-)

Millowena