RE: [amibroker] Re: Any way to "Force Backfill" for a group of symbols?

Sam,
I dont think you are doing something particularly unusal. I think the
problems you described are resonable
common for me, although not to the same extent.
1. Wait for backfill doesnt always backfill. - I am guessing that AB has a
timeout function, and once expires, would
assume that no further data is available. Now if your link to Esignal server
is not good at the time. This could happen more
for those of us who are outside the US. Just have to redo it again.
2. Force backfill causing data to be lost - I notice that happen to me
sometimes, and when it does, I have to go and manually deleted the offended
data, or copy over a new symbol file from the previous clean database. and
redo it again.
I have use the following buy signal to give me know those that havent been
backfilled successfully
Buy = Now(3) - LastValue(DateNum()) > 0 OR Min(Now(4), 161200) -
LastValue(TimeNum()) > 3000;

  _____