[amibroker] Premiumdata alternative to CSI for delisted stocks

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Richard Dale" <richard@xxx> wrote:
> We are working on delisted and list US stock data back to 1950.
> Probably due out before the end of the month.
> We'll have our US stock data in three pacakages:
> 1.  All listed stocks back to 1985
> 2.  All listed and delisted stocks back to 1985
> 3.  All listed and delisted stocks back to 1950.
>
> We're working on pricing but it will be far
> cheaper than other competitors.

Richard:

This is very good news.

How does one import the data into Amibroker? Is it by importing csv
files, or is there a direct route?

Getting delisted stocks for research made it worth the hassle to get
CSI data into AB. After working through lots of problems, I finally
settled into a two database solution. Once a month or so I would do a
full history export from CSI into a virgin Amibroker database. That
database was just used for research. It was never updated. The second
Amibroker database of CSI data was just for the past year and it was
updated regularly. Over time "junk" would build up in this database
due to ticker changes etc. About once a month, I would delete the
daily database, create a new one, and start fresh.

A nicer solution would be most desirable.