[amibroker] Re: what is the meaning of alias

I'm not sure if aliases work with RT plugins, maybe someone else could comment here. However, I tested aliases with ASCii Importer. In your case, the following setup would work:

- main ticker: IQ-TC
- alias: IQ.TO

Now you can get data from eSignal and you can also import it from ASCii file that has IQ.TO as the main ticker and no alias field at all:

IQ.TO, 20070214, 0.165 , 0.165, 0.155, 0.16, 252900, 39

I'm talking here about ASCii importer, I've never used AmiQuote.

Lester