[amibroker] Re: Need some math help to code NORMSDIST into AB.

You're welcome. Rest assured I didn't figure out the numbers myself :)

Essence is that NORMSDIST is an integral that cannot be coded in AB.
HAS is a polynomial that does a very good approximation.

A while ago I submitted to TJ suggestion to include NORMSDIST and
NORMSINV (its inverse) as native AB functions. These are essential
functions for any statistical approach.

I don't know how Tomasz would code 'm, but in any case it would speed
up things, I assume. So far no luck.

So Sebastian, or anyone using these functions, feel free to endorse
this effort by submitting a similar request at the feedback center.

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/

Thanks :)

-treliff

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "sebastiandanconia"
<sebastiandanconia@xxx> wrote:

> A sincere thank-you for the response, I know it's a pretty arcane
> subject.  This is the nearly unintelligible math part I was talking
> about when I said in a subsequent post that I didn't realize how
much I
> was asking for, LOL!   I don't understand this enough to apply it to
> what I want to do.  I assume it's just a formula where I plug in the
> values, but  the "where", "how" and "why" plumb evade me.:)  I'll
work
> on it, though.
>

> Luck
>
> Sebastian
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "treliff" <treliff@> wrote:
> >
> > Sebastian,
> >
> > The HAS function below (based on Hasting's polynomial
approximation)
> > gives 7-decimal accuracy of NORMSDIST.
> >
> > function t(x)
> > { return 1 / (1+0.2316419*x); }
> >
> > function HAS(x)
> > { return 1 - (exp(-0.5*x^2)/sqrt(2*3.141592654))*(0.31938153*t(x)-
> > 0.356563782*t(x)^2+1.781477937*t(x)^3-1.821255978*t(x)
> > ^4+1.330274429*t(x)^5); }
> >
> > -treliff
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "sebastiandanconia"
> > sebastiandanconia@ wrote:
> > >

> > > I came across what I consider to be a valuable stock
market/economic
> > > indicator, the Wright Model "B" yield-curve indicator. Using
this
> > > formula in Excel:
> > >

> > > Probability = NORMSDIST(-2.17 - 0.76 x S + 0.35 x R)
> > >
> > > where "S" is the spread (10-Year Treasury yield minus 3-month T-
Bill