  From: Michael.S.G.
  To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 12:05 AM
  Subject: Re: [amibroker] restore my toolbars after upgrade

  Hi Tomasz,
      I disagree on both those points.

  UI-customization per WINDOWS user: I'd be surprised if more than a handful of your entire userbase uses this functionality.

  Disk image backup: Seems a little overkill to backup (say) 5k of config files.
  And becomes more of an issue the larger systems/hards disks get. (And they are not getting any smaller).

  I backup critical files once per month OR after any major changes.
  I only backup user data files, And they all fit nicely on one CD. (I'll move to DVD when data is too large for CD)
  If I had to make disk images every time I did a backup...............Thats a problem in itself.
      ie. Just how many backups can you archive? Not many. Maybe three or four to a dedicated External HD.
          Or
      "Oh I just muffed my AB Config settings, I'd better restore MY ENTIRE HD IMAGE" (This is seriously stupid).

  ATB
      Michael.

  Tomasz Janeczko wrote:

    Hello,

    UI-customization according to Microsoft should be per WINDOWS user, this is the reason, why UI-config data
    are stored in HKEY_CURRENT_USER. This is just Windows Standard.

    As for your reasons - all othe them can be addressed by simple tool -> disk image backup program.

    Best regards,
    Tomasz Janeczko
    amibroker.com