[amibroker] Re: AA / Optimize performance suddenly much slower

My experience with optimization run times is that they are affected
by the following ...

- Length of data.  While reduction of range in From / To dates will
affect run times slightly, the actual length of the data stream of
the symbols involved will have a much larger effect.

- Numbers of symbols.  Obviosuly run times will go up when using
watchlists of symbols rather then single symbols but one place this
may not be so obvious is that if there are multiple chart windows
that are open this too ( for some unknown reason at least to me )
will also affect run time.

If you think you are having memory related slow downs this should be
easy enough to check by looking at Windows TaskMgr while optimization
is running.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, James <jamesmemphis@xxx> wrote:

> I have been doing an intraday analysis on 1 futures contract this
morning. Everytime I started a run, it said there would be 306,000
steps. This would run in about 10 minutes. Then it starting slowing
down dramatically, to the point I thought it had hung up. I changed 2
of the parameters to step by 2 intead of 1, but the 153,000 steps is
now taking 30 minutes. It kind of seems like it is a RAM problem, but
I've never had this happen before. I rebooted and that didn't help.
Any idea what could be causing this sudden performance problem?