[amibroker] AA / Optimize performance suddenly much slower

I have been doing an intraday analysis on 1 futures contract this morning. Everytime I started a run, it said there would be 306,000 steps. This would run in about 10 minutes. Then it starting slowing down dramatically, to the point I thought it had hung up. I changed 2 of the parameters to step by 2 intead of 1, but the 153,000 steps is now taking 30 minutes. It kind of seems like it is a RAM problem, but I've never had this happen before. I rebooted and that didn't help. Any idea what could be causing this sudden performance problem?

James