[amibroker] Re: My First system

Hi Brian,
I enjoy your posts of ideas.
I agree with you regarding derivative indicators although I use
Stochastics (SRSI) and Bollinger Band of RSI, both derivative of
derivative of price. Personally I do not rate any TA indicator as
better than 35-65% accurate and often randomness decides when. It is
more important to know the indicator we use so we understand when it
might fail then to chase newer and fancier indicators thinking
computation sophistication equates the holy grail.

I value Pardo's book on systems design very much but ultimately we
have to make our own rules and write our own script, there is no
holy bible and no absolute truth except the inconvenient truth at
the bottom line of the trading account.
Sursod

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brian.z123" <brian.z123@xxx>
wrote:

> Hello Bill,
>

> I'm pleased you read the reply as I hadn't seen you around for a
> couple of days and thought you might have disappeared.
>
> Trialling (it's not in my dictionary either - I haven't been to
> school for a while) = = trial and error (paper trading or virtual
> trading where you visualise the outcomes of your systems in your
> minds eye or imagination).
>
> I base this approach on my theory of success (template) = = theory
> (reading?)followed by practice (backtesting?) followed by
application
> (trading or virtual trading) and then back to the drawing board to
> fix up your mistakes - the path to success is perpetual
application