Trial users vs registered users, was: Re: [amibroker] Re: Amibroker has some fun

Let me add in my 2 cents worth too. I think AB is one of the best out
there also. I use TradeStation, Interactive Brokers and ETrade for
brokers and I have used many charting programs in the past.
Considering the 'nominal' cost of what I have paid for Metastock
several times (at over 1k a crack) plus each upgrade is another fee...

I  recommend AB each time a trader asks what the best charting
software package is. You can't beat the support with any other
package. Try dropping a note to Metastock, Tradestation or Esignal for
an enhancement request or a problem. You will quickly find out how
much any of them will 'help' you.

Jim

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Jennings" <davidjennings@xxx>
wrote:

> TJ is absolutely correct.
>
> I have tried a number of programs including AIQ, Tradestation,
Metastock, Wealth-Lab, Ensign and a number of others. When I have
tried to get serious I have had to resort to writing DLLs or writing
code from scratch. IMVHO, Amibroker is by far the best program out
there. Yes it is a long learning curve, but the support is second to
none. I can't say I've reached guru status in Amibroker but it hasn't
failed me yet.

> DJ
Amibroker has some fundamental data problems