Re: [amibroker] Re: Have been trying to accomplish this with amibroker

Hello,

You can do exactly the same with the code I provided.

You click on "SECTOR column" - and have all results sorted
by sector, then you HOLD DOWN SHIFT KEY and click
on ROC (stock) and have individual symbol results sorted
by ROC *WITHIN SECTOR*. So there is

BY SECTOR-> BY SYMBOL

tree.

You can multiple column sorts in zillions of ways giving you exactly
the "TREE-LIKE" thing. It may not exactly look like tree but
the results have exactly tree-structure. Multiple column sort
ability gives you tree-like grouping. Thats all what trees are about.

Trees are nothing but ways to display grouped information,
multiple-sort exploration allows exactly the same kind of grouping.

First you sort BY SECTOR (leaf level 1) then BY INDUSTRY (leaf level2 )
and then BY STOCK (leaf level 3 ). It is a tree. Just open your mind and
you will see that.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com