[amibroker] Re: OT:Statistics Part 2?

Hello TraderNick,

Agreed.

I also bookmarked the bjmath site for the links it contains, while
ignoring the bj21 site.

I rate Dr Thorp highly (and also the company he keeps).
It is annoying to find so many trading commentators recycling the
same old stuff, that invariably originates from a few brilliant
thinkers.
It's good, for a change, to come across the work of one of the
seminal thinkers in money management, especially as the links provide
a copy of an *academic paper*, which hasn't found it's way into
commercial print.

I find it interesting that MM appears to have it's roots in game
theory.

While I don't agree word for word with his conclusions, I find the
Kelly Criterion article packed with important and/or interesting
points.

It is a pity that his comments on application to the market aren't a
little more conclusive.
While he doesn't provide all of the answers he does provide us with a
way in.

By the way, I'm going easy on the f*

Brian.

*Progress in knowledge results more from efforts to find faults with
our theories, rather than prove them*

Karl Popper.

 --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Nick Busigin <nick@xxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Jan 2007, brian.z123 wrote:
>
> > I recently stumbled over a download to some PDF files by Dr
Edward O