  From: Mark Jarvis
  To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2007 12:30 AM
  Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: Have been trying to accomplish this with amibroker

  Allan,

  My 5 cents worth is that you CAN do similar things with Amibroker, but not as 'elegantly' as in AIQ, since it appears to have been custom developed with this approach in mind.

  If you search on 'Understanding categories' in Amibroker help, you can assign stocks to Industries and Industries to Sectors, i.e.

  Sector -> Industry -> Stock.

  However, ranking those stocks will require some AFL code and an exploration.  You could filter the results of the exploration by Sector & Industry.