[amibroker] Switching between 2 Databases

Hi All,

Would someone straighten me out regarding the subject of changing
databases during active market time.
My initial "try" resulted in Database 1, having Database 2 added to
it - and I can understand that, because I must have added DB2 to DB1
tickers because I was getting data tics, before, during and after the
time I was doing the changing.

It seems like this is a messy thing to try to do while receiving data
-- but I thought I'd ask to see if and how anyone is accomplishing
this without increasing the chances of "meshing" their db's. Does 2
installations of AB each in separate folders work for accomplishing
this. I'm interested in RT data into one of the two AB's, with
historical data going into the second db after hours, but I would
like to "explore" on the 2nd db during market hours.

Any other thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks Much,   Hal