[amibroker] Re: Tried importing ticker list but it corrupts the ALL tree.

   What I found is this.  If the company name field was greater than
about 65 characters , it corrupted the database.

 Used the Ascii Import wizard for this, but I suspect the lack of
integrity checking for field length is the problem.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Lester Vanhoff" <ebsn247lsm@xxx> wrote:

> Did you include "$NOQUOTES 1" in your format definition file? I
assume that you are importing only [ticker + company name] and that
all tickers with quotes are already in your database:

> # Format definition for a file with ticker
> # and company name only.
> # $NOQUOTES 1 is necessary even if there
> # are no fields with numbers.
> # $AUTOADD 0:  prevents creating new data
> # files with no quotes
>
> $FORMAT Ticker,FullName
> $SEPARATOR ,
> $SKIPLINES 1
> $NOQUOTES 1
> $AUTOADD 0
> $OVERWRITE 0
> $DEBUG 1
>
> This will import ASCii file that looks like this (as long as the
ticker with quotes is already in your database):