From: Graham <kavemanperth@xxxxxxxxx>
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 4:05:04 PM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Help with Static vars

            there are easier ways without the IF's
LongEntry = C > Ref(H,-1) ;
LongExit = C < Ref(L,-1) ;
  StaticVarSet("aaa",lastvalue(Longentr y));

Longlatch = (Longentry OR StaticVarGet("aaa"));

--
Cheers
Graham

On 13/01/07, wes_zoltran2 <wes_zoltran@ yahoo.com> wrote:
I'm trying to learn Static vars
The example I'm using is to form a 'Latch' type function, similar to
FLIP, for use in RT trading.   (see dicussion last week in the
amibroker-at group).

The goal is to 'latch' a condition as true, once it has occurred,
regardless if the condition becomes false later in the curent bar
For example, if price > prior close.  The normal FLIP doesn't work in

RT, as the condtion may vary during the bars life, and flip() only
"latches" at bar close time.

So here's the original code example using flip..
--
LongEntry = C > Ref(H,-1) ;
LongExit = C < Ref(L,-1) ;

/* The following 'Flip' doesn't work in RT.
It will vary with the condition, until the bar closes */

inlong = Flip(Longentry, longexit) ;

Plot(inlong,"",colorGreen, styleArea, 0,10);

PlotShapes(IIf( Longentry, shapeUpTriangle, shapeNone) ,colorLime) ;
PlotShapes(IIf( Longexit, shapeDownTriangl e,shapeNone) ,colorRed) ;
Title = Name() + " In long entry = " + inlong  ;
--

And here's my attempt with using static vars to latch 'inlong' = true

 on the 1st occurance of the signal.
But it doesn't work right .. the static var doesn't seem to getting
set.. or at least that's the appearance.

--
_SECTION_BEGIN("RT-FLIP");

LongEntry = C > Ref(H,-1) ;
LongExit = C < Ref(L,-1) ;
if (Longentry[BarCount -1] = True)
        {
        StaticVarSet("aaa",True);
        }
if (Longexit[BarCount- 1] = True)
        {

        StaticVarSet("aaa",False);
        }
Longlatch = (Longentry OR StaticVarGet("aaa"));

inlong = Flip(Longlatch ,longexit);
/* This should be true, until we get a new longexit ) */

Plot(inlong,"",colorGreen, styleArea, 0,10);
PlotShapes(IIf( Longentry, shapeUpTriangle, shapeNone) ,colorLime) ;
PlotShapes(IIf( Longexit, shapeDownTriangl e,shapeNone) ,colorRed) ;

SignalText = WriteIf(inlong, EncodeColor( colorLime) + " IN LONG TRADE","");

Title = Name() + " longentry = " + Longentry  + " StVar= " +
StaticVarGet("aaa")  + signaltext;
_SECTION_END( );

---
I suspect I'm getting hung up in my use of barcount and/or my use of

the braces in the IF statements.

Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.amibroke r.com/devlog/

http://www.amibroke r.com/support. html