[amibroker] IB DDE Plugin Configuration ?

Can anyone help me find a IB DDE Plugin configuration?

I'm trying every which way to connect but can't get it done (do I
need the Req field ??)

If I remember well it used to be described in amibroker.com/dde but
was removed with the release of the dedicated IB plugin.

I know the dedicated is "better" but I just want to re-try my custom
setup without the use of Excel.

Thanks for your help!

-treliff

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "treliff" <treliff@xxx> wrote:

> Tomasz, thanks for your ref. to ODBC plugin, I have to look into
> this, am unfamiliar with this right now.
>
> Re. DDE the reason for using Excel in between External Data and
> AmiBroker (by 2 DDE links) is that by connecting directly:
>
> External Data ->>DDE (plugin)->>AmiBroker
>
> there would be no room for bid and ask to be "stored and
> plotted"  as arrays (forgive my amateur speak, I am no programmer).
> The only price field in the DDE plugin configuration that is
actually
> stored is "Last" (next to Volume, I think).
>
> I cannot use any of the other fields like Open, High etc, to pull
in
> bid and ask because these are not stored tick-wise: I need "tick"
bid
> and ask plots for the complete current day from market open
> (IB's "snapshot ticks" are ok for me).
>
> I don't think this is a DDE plugin limitation; it is just not part
of
> the program's structure to provide space for bid and ask to be
> stored. For that reason GetRTData also won't do the job for me.
>
> Consequently the only way to do this is to define bid and ask as
> separate tickers. And that is where, until now, Excel seems
> indispensable.
>
> If I'm missing something and you have any additional advice for me
> this would be highly appreciated. Thanks very much.
>
> -treliff
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@>
> wrote:
> >

> > Hello,
> >
> > For your specific case.
> >
> > Use IB plugin
> > http://www.amibroker.com/ib.html
> >
> > and GetRTData
> > http://www.amibroker.com/f?getrtdata
> >
> > GetRTData("Bid") GetRTData("Ask")
> >
> > Also orignal enquiry was not about storing data but
> > about communication.
> > If you want to store any "extra" data it is much better
> > choice to use SQL database and ODBC plugin to read data
> > from SQL database:
> > http://www.amibroker.com/odbc.html
> >
> > Excel is NOT a database management system.
> >
> > For general case:
> > if you pull data from external source to EXCEL via DDE
> > and then from Excel to AmiBroker it makes no sense
> > because you can connect to external source directly.
> >
> > Look:
> >
> > Instead of
> >
> > External Data ->>DDE->> EXCEL ->>DDE (plugin)->> AmiBroker
> >
> > Just take shorter path:
> >
> > External Data ->>DDE (plugin)->>AmiBroker
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Tomasz Janeczko
> > amibroker.com

AB
> > > without using Excel?
> > >
> > > The way I've been doing this for years is to create separate
> tickers
> > > IBM_bid, IBM_ask etc. and use DDE to:
> > >
> > > - pull provider data into Excel (I'm using IB)
> > > - then pull Excel data into AB
> > >
> > > If there's any way to cut out Excel I'd be very happy to hear.
> > >
> > > Thanks very much for an excel-less solution!
> > >
> > > -treliff
> > >

> > > Please note that this group is for discussion between users
only.

> > > SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
> > >
> > > For NEW RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENTS and other news always check
DEVLOG: