[amibroker] AlertIf question

Can I get AlertIf to send me an email when its placed into indicator code using frequently refreshed yahoo data (eg delayed intraday retrieved every 2 minutes?)

I know how to get AlertIf working using AA/Scan, for instance.  Once a scan is found true, then the AlertIf command sends the email.

Instead of using AA/Scan, I have an indicator running a loop through approx 20 tickers on the refresh cycle.  I want to get an email when a price changes that causes a condition to be met.  Below is a snippet of what I tried, but it doesn't seem to be triggering:

openpos ="AAPL,CSCO,COMS";
for ( i = 0; ( symbol = StrExtract( openpos, i ) ) != ""; i++ )

{

Buy=my conditions, etc.
inLong=Flip(Buy OR Cover,Sell OR Short);
AlertIf( LastValue(inLong,True) == 1, "EMAIL", "Short Violation on "+symbol,5,4);

}