[amibroker] Re: DDE Excel

The advantage of using DDE, outdated or not, is that Excel remains in
control of where the data should be displayed, not the application
pushing the data.

> DDE is outdated technology.

Microsoft would argue with you that OLE, COM/DCOM, native C++
applications (such as Amibroker), Windows XP and anything else that's
not programmed in a .NET language on Windows Vista is outdated.  But
we all just shrug our shoulders and say to Microsoft, "yeah,
whatever", until they force a change the hard way.

DDE is just a poor man's socket.  True, DDE is a legacy technology,
but it's a highly simple and effective one (from the end-user's
standpoint).

[Saying all of this, I know that I'll probably have to write my own
plugin to send Amibroker data to Excel via DDE]