Re: [amibroker] Re: log-scaled trendlines

Yes you did Ed. Thanks a lot ...

Ton.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: eseward_2000
  To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, January 05, 2007 9:56 PM
  Subject: [amibroker] Re: log-scaled trendlines

  Thanks much for the reply, Tomasz.

  Ton, I think I've generally accomplished what you're inquiring about
  with the following:

  Resistance = Study("RE", GetChartID());
  RECurve = exp(log(Resistance));

  // plots conveniently with autoscale; doesn't produce bizarre
  vertical scaling
  Plot(IIf(NOT Ref(RECurve, -1) < LowestSince(NOT IsNull(Resistance),
  L), RECurve, Null), "RECurve", ParamColor("RECurve Color",
  colorViolet), styleThick);

  I'd still like to plot a curving line on linear charts that
  was the equivalent of a ray on a log chart. Any ideas anyone?

  --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ton Sieverding"
  <ton.sieverding@xxx> wrote:

  > I understand that Tomasz but still have a problem. So let me put
  this question in a slightly different way. Say I have drawn a
  support line on a linear chart. Can I switch to a log chart and get
  the same linear support line just by putting an log/exp instruction
  before the line ? Giving me the same points where the price touches
  the support line ...

  > Ton.

  trendlines? If I
  > > switch from linear to log scaling on a chart, the trendlines
  produced
  > > by the ray tool, for example, are no longer visually accurate.
  Any
  > > help/insight appreciated.
  > >

  > > Please note that this group is for discussion between users
  only.

  > > To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly
  > > SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
  > >
  > > For NEW RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENTS and other news always check
  DEVLOG: