[amibroker] Re: log-scaled trendlines

Thanks much for the reply, Tomasz.

Ton, I think I've generally accomplished what you're inquiring about
with the following:

Resistance = Study("RE", GetChartID());
RECurve = exp(log(Resistance));

// plots conveniently with autoscale; doesn't produce bizarre
vertical scaling
Plot(IIf(NOT Ref(RECurve, -1) < LowestSince(NOT IsNull(Resistance),
L), RECurve, Null), "RECurve", ParamColor("RECurve Color",
colorViolet), styleThick);

I'd still like to plot a curving line on linear charts that
was the equivalent of a ray on a log chart. Any ideas anyone?

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ton Sieverding"
<ton.sieverding@xxx> wrote:

> I understand that Tomasz but still have a problem. So let me put
this question in a slightly different way. Say I have drawn a
support line on a linear chart. Can I switch to a log chart and get
the same linear support line just by putting an log/exp instruction
before the line ? Giving me the same points where the price touches
the support line ...

> Ton.

trendlines? If I
>   > switch from linear to log scaling on a chart, the trendlines
produced
>   > by the ray tool, for example, are no longer visually accurate.
Any
>   > help/insight appreciated.
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   > Please note that this group is for discussion between users
only.
>   >
>   > To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly
>   > SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
>   >
>   > For NEW RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENTS and other news always check
DEVLOG: