[amibroker] Show % values

I've found a function in the chart "parameters" under "Axes &
Grid/Grid" which allows you to "Show % values".

When this function is turned on it does change the scale to %, but
what is it relative to.

On penny dreadful stocks it just shows 0% for every grid.

On multiple dollar stocks it appears to show the scale in dollars but
with a % sign.

What I would like to see would be, if you could put a marker on a
chart  and then read off what % above or below this marker the current
price is.

Does anyone know what or how the Show % values does.