[amibroker] Re: Polynomial Trendlines

Warren does mention detrending in his articles and uses it in MEM (
MESA ) when he detects the necessity for it ... He apparently views
this operation for MEM ( MESA ) as being necessary only sometimes ...
Assumedly when resolution is not particularly stable without it.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Paul Ho" <paultsho@xxx> wrote:

> Thanks Fred, I found a number of articles by Anthony Warren in S&C
with
> some codes in Basic which is frankly rather difficult to comprehend.
> but the description was good enough to be able to code it in
afl/scripts.

> What I found of interest was his mentioning of perfiltering using
moving
> averages and resampling, aiming to remove high frequency noises,
but no
> mentioning of detrending ( = removing low frequency components)
>
> any thoughts on that?
>
> Paul.
>
>   _____

On Behalf

<http://www.library.cornell.edu/nr/bookcpdf/c13-7.pdf>
> [...]
> > fill

> > > <http://www.nrbook. <http://www.nrbook.
> <http://www.nrbook.com/a/bookfpdf/f3-3.pdf> com/a/bookfpdf/f3-3.pdf>
> > com/a/bookfpdf/f3-3.pdf> com/a/bookfpdf/f3-3.pdf>

> > > <http://www.nrbook. <http://www.nrbook.
> <http://www.nrbook.com/a/bookfpdf/f3-1.pdf> com/a/bookfpdf/f3-1.pdf>
> > com/a/bookfpdf/f3-1.pdf> com/a/bookfpdf/f3-1.pdf>

> > > <http://www.nrbook. <http://www.nrbook.
> <http://www.nrbook.com/a/bookfpdf/f16-4.pdf> com/a/bookfpdf/f16-
4.pdf>
> > com/a/bookfpdf/f16-4.pdf> com/a/bookfpdf/f16-
> > 4.pdf>

> > > <http://www.nrbook. <http://www.nrbook.
> <http://www.nrbook.com/a/bookfpdf/f2-1.pdf> com/a/bookfpdf/f2-1.pdf>
> > com/a/bookfpdf/f2-1.pdf> com/a/bookfpdf/f2-1.pdf>

> > > <http://www.nrbook. <http://www.nrbook.
> <http://www.nrbook.com/a/bookfpdf.html> com/a/bookfpdf.html>
> > com/a/bookfpdf.html> com/a/bookfpdf.html>

So