RE: [amibroker] Buy. False/True?

It's 12 hours later, but I don't see an answer to your question so,

You need to review the documentation for Backtesting Systems. Some
points to consider:

Buy DOES return True or False.

Buy also triggers the backtester to run.

BuyPrice is the price at which you Buy, which is normally the Open or
the Close of the same or the next bar.

There is also Sell, SellPrice, Short, ShortPrice, Cover, CoverPrice

Also look up SetTradeDelays().

For instance, Buy=Cross( C, MA(C,20 ) ); should be true when the cross
occurs. Right!

Reason2 will never be Null. The way you wrote it, it will be 1 (True) or
0 (False). (Well, it will be Null for the first 20 bars since the 20 day
MA cross is invalid until at least 20 days have gone by.)

You cannot set Buy = C;

You can set BuyPrice = C;

Remember, both of the above are ARRAYS. That is, they set ALL BARS at
the SAME TIME.

--

Terry