[amibroker] Re: AmiBroker 4.88.0 BETA released (Bar Replay Interval issues)

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx> wrote:

TJ, thanks for your answer. All this is understood, though that was
not my issue.
If you have a look at the two examples I have given, you will see that
they situations are:

1. A 5 min bar on the chart is 'updated' in steps, even though the bar
replay interval step is set to 5 mins. Unless I misunderstand you
answer, there should be no situation where this can happen.

2. Two five minutes bars are added to the chart, even though only 1
(!) five min interval step ahead is given in the bar replay time.

As for the crash issue, understood. I will correct that.

Ta'
CJ

> > there are indeed times where the current
> > position as shown in the Bar Reply dialog does not match the time of
> > the bar. This seems to occur mainly around data holes.
>
> And this is completely NORMAL and correct behaviour.
>
> You need to understand that playback feature works for ALL SYMBOLS
> AT ONCE.
> This is not pathetic tool found in other softwares that plays one
symbol only.

> The playback tool in AB steps the time in fixed intervals.
> The Playback position is equivalent to real time ***CLOCK*** - it
runs constantly
> at fixed intervals no matter what happens with trading/data you have
in your DB.

> Charts do not move constantly. They move when trades are made
> and trades may or may not occur on every given interval.
>
> And if for example one symbol has a hole at 2:45 it will STAY at 2:40.
> Exatly like in REAL LIFE !
>
> If given symbol is NOT traded at 2:45 your chart WILL CONTINUE
> to show 2:40 bar even if current computer times runs through 2:41,
2:42, ... 2.45, 2.46 and so on.

> Then on the OTHER symbol that does not have data hole,
> you will see 2:45 bar.
>
> So it is DESIRED and ABSOLUTELY CORRECT behaviour.
>
> > 2. Skip Weekends / Afterhours. I have it narrowed down to Afterhours
> > only (i.e. Skip Weekends works fine). In the DB, these times are set
> > to 00:00.
>
> Start/End of regular hours MUST NOT be set to ZERO.
> They MUST BE SET TO DIFFERENT hours say 9:30 and 16:00.
>
> If you are not interested in using filtering you should use
View->Intraday->
> Show 24 hours trading, but keep the settings correct (not zero).
>

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com
Interval issues)