[amibroker] Re: AmiBroker 4.88.0 BETA released (Bar Replay Interval issues)

TJ, thanks for your answer. I still have a few issues with this, though.

1. 5-min "step interval". Yes, I do use the < > buttoms to shift.
I have double checked, and there are indeed times where the current
position as shown in the Bar Reply dialog does not match the time of
the bar. This seems to occur mainly around data holes.

Example 1:
Bar Replay time 02:40:00 shows chart time 02:40:00 as small (1 pip,
same OHLC) bar.
Click > goes to Bar Replay time 02:45:00, though chart still holding
on to bar 02:40:00, though adding in size (i.e bigger bar).
I other words, in Bar Replay, data is added individually at the two
five mins intervals, whereas on the chart, this is confined to one bar
(02:40:00) with two moves.
Same happens on next bar.

Example 2:
Advancing from Bar Replay 03:05 to 03:10 adds no data/bar to chart
(i.e. chart time bar remains at 03:05, indicating no data for 03:10).
A futher click on > to Replay time 03:15, both chart time bars 03:10
and 03:15 shows up on chart.

The above two scenarios happen quite a lot, more often than not around
'data holes'.

2. Skip Weekends / Afterhours. I have it narrowed down to Afterhours
only (i.e. Skip Weekends works fine). In the DB, these times are set
to 00:00. As said, I have no personal use for this functionality, but
I would be happy send this via support if you deem it helpful in
rooting out a crash issue. Let me know.

3. Importing start/end dates from charts: My bad. I did read the Read
Me, though missed the point about having to select a qoutation first
and thought it would just pick the charts start/end. This is much
better, and I thank you for setting me on the right path.

Regarding issue 1 (and 2), as this might be getting beyond what this
forum is intended for, let me know if you prefer for me to contact you
via support instead.

All the best...
CJ

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> 1. 5-minute "step inteval" works just fine.
> Look at the "current position" (next to the slider)
> it always incremements by "step interval" in your case
> 5-minute. You are using < > buttons, aren't you?
> I am asking because moving the slider
> with high precision is tricky.
>
> If there are data holes, it won't skip given step (again look at
"current position" time display

<http://www.amibroker.com/devlog/2006/10/27/amibroker-4880-beta-released/>

<http://www.amibroker.com/devlog/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/readme4880.html>