[amibroker] Re: seeking the following in a trading platform for a Woodie's CCI trader

The "RULES" as stated in the documentation written by someone who has
apparently been using the "METHOD" for some time and which were
verified by Woodie himself while not extremely straightforward can be
turned into AFL.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Rakesh Sahgal" <rakeshsahgal@xxx>
wrote:

> To the extent I have been able to understand, Woodies is more of a
method,
> rather than a system where objectively laid out criteria can be
applied.

> Success is as much a function of the trader's competence in
understanding
> and applying the method(not system) as it is a function of the
trader
> knowing when there is a higher probability of a particular pattern
> succeeding. The fact that it is hyped up to the extent it is, is
probably
> because novices gravitate towards it hoping they can gloss over
their own
> shortcomings and achieve some measure of success.

> On 10/27/06, Fred <ftonetti@xxx> wrote:
> >
> > It's not about discretionary .vs. system trading ... I have every
> > respect for those who are successful with some form of
discretionary
> > trading ...
> >
> > However, when I hear of a particular method where the experts
state
> > that there are definite rules and the rules are written and
applied
> > via AFL or ELx or whatever and the resulting backtest is a flop
and
> > then the experts then state that the rules can't be backtested I
> > become more than a little suspicious.
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "wavemechanic" <fimdot@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I wouldn't knock Woodies (or any other) approach.  I know a
couple
> > of traders who have done very well following in his footsteps.  I
> > never got comfortable with it but there is always more than one
way
> > to do something successfully (e.g., system vs. discretionary
trading).

> > > Bill

CCI"
> > and,