Re: [amibroker] System Backup utility

In addition, to creating an MBR, the other thing that I think is critical (as I learned the hard way when using the old Norton Ghost) is that the program not lose data on the original disk in case of a power failure.  The old Drive Image program (now Norton Ghost) met both conditions and as I recall when I looked into programs a couple of years ago Acronis True Image did as well.

Bill
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Tomasz Janeczko
  To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2006 5:27 AM
  Subject: Re: [amibroker] System Backup utility

  Ara,

  The key feature is ability to restore backup even if you CAN NOT BOOT to Windows.

  I am afraid that with MS products you need to boot to windows to run them :-( And this is show stopper.

  Acronis True Image, allows to restore when you can not boot, because it
  creates self-bootable CD-ROM that runs even if master boot record on your hard disk is destroyed.

  Best regards,
  Tomasz Janeczko
  amibroker.com