[amibroker] Re: Anyone still using Windows 95 or 98 ?

Tomasz,

I still use Windows98SE, and I prefer to continue using it for a
number of reasons.  All applications of interest to me, including
current versions of AmiBroker, work just fine using W98se, so I see
no reason to have to change, even though Microsoft no longer supports
it.  I also still use many DOS programs that are still quite useful.

May I assume that when you no longer support AB to work on Windows 98
platforms, that whatever the most-recent and final version of AB that
HAS BEEN developed to work on W98 WILL continue to operate on that
OS?  I would think so, and if truly the case, then whatever features
are available in that particular version will likely be more than
adequate for my own particular purposes.  Other than a
few 'conveniences' that I might suggest for modifying the 'command'
buttons on the AA screen for backtester user-selected 'defaults', and
possibly allowing the user to re-arrange columns (and save settings
as 'defaults') on the backtester report, any other enhancements NOT
workable on W98 are not likely to be crucial to my use of AB.

I see no reason to 'throw away' perfectly usable 'old' systems that
continue to work just because there exist newer, more 'bells and
whistles' systems, whether they be OS's or applications, as long as
these do what I need.  For example, I am quite happy using even AB
version 4.7x for my purposes.  Fortunately, I am a programmer-type
user, and since AB is of an 'open architecture' design (THANK YOU,
Tomasz!!!!!), whether I can run future versions or not (due to
removal of support on older OS's) is less important to me right now.

My preference would be for AB to continue to be developed for use on
Windows 98, but if you, Tomasz, see a need to do otherwise, I fully
support your decision as you need to do whatever is in YOUR best
interest for business purposes.  You have given us users so much
already, and I for one, am VERY GRATEFUL AND APPRECIATE of YOUR
dedication, astute vision 'of' (and 'for') AB, and your technical
expertise!!  Thank you, Thank YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!! (;->) (;->)

Buzz

Buzz M. Ross
Creative Consulting Co.
Boulder, CO 80301  USA