Re: [amibroker] Re: Does Anybody know this website

  Hi Richard,

  About 5-6 six years ago, at first sight Vector Vest seemed to look appealing to my trading preferences. However, when testing the dynamics of some stocks, I soon soon discovered that their square-root indicator - comprising various mathematical quantities - did not take into account price fluctuations at all, and I therefore did not buy their product.
  Obviously, that has not been changed as of that time!

  Regards,

  Udo

richardlboroff <rboroff@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
          Be very careful of Vector Vest.

Some parts of it are Black Box.

It seems to appeal to people who want to be told what to do and not
think for themselves.

When I was user group leader in Boston, I asked a couple of VV users
in my group to talk about the program. they had to get permission
from the local group leader, and he refused them. Said he was the
only one who could talk.

I said nuts, I wanted to hear what Joe Average could say about the
program, so one of the guys in my group was allowed to talk.

When he talked, he showed an indicator that was supposed to make lots
of money and which, by looking at the indicator alone, looked great.
I think it was an oscillator on one of the major market indices

Anyway, the guy lost money, and his statement was that he could not
understand why?

Be good

Richard Boroff