[amibroker] Re: Amibroker vs. other software

In the forum various people act as cameo mentors on different topics.
>From time to time I provide the forum with input on Trading Psychology
in a much more effective way than it is taught in the textbooks.
It is a very important part of trading.
It is a credit to you that you picked up on that.
I don't think many people get the point, especially as Trading
Psychology is a very subtle subject and I mix it in randomly with
other material.

The fact that AmiBroker is a good program doesn't mean that other
programs are not good, or better suited for some people, or specific
uses.
Maybe some top gun traders don't use charts at all?
I don't know whether Warren Buffet looks at the charts with his
morning coffee.

However if anyone who was starting out in trading asked me should they
buy a program and what program to buy I would say yes and AmiBroker
without hesitation because of the price, the access to free data (good
for beginners) and because it can accommodate the needs of users at
various levels.
Beginners can grow with the program starting at charting and going all
the way to 3rd party commercial provider.
There is something in between for everyone at a great price.

That's just me.

If another program suits you better for some reason, go for it.

BrianB2.