Re: [amibroker] Re: Amibroker vs. other software

Hello,

> my apologies if you feel I had bad behaviour in this forum

No need to applogy, and I don't
think that there was any problem with "behaviour" here.
I just wanted to point out that your assumption was off-base.
Just that, the rest of your letter was perfectly fine with me :-)

>Otherwise, I don't understand why the implementation on my
>suggestion in Amibroker Feedback center (n° 406, dated 08/16/2006)
>that I copy below:
>is classified like "POSTPONED".
>
> It sound a bit funny that someone classified "POSTONED" a feature
> that is already possible in AMB, isn't it?

The explanation is quite obvious:

the fact that it is possible does not mean that it is easy, I wrote before
that it requires programming of custom backtester procedure part
as in given example, and this is definitely not for "beginner".

So with "POSTPONED" I mean that the "easy-to-use" solution
to this problem (i.e. GUI-based interface to allow to pick two systems
and run them in parallel) is postponed.

Also note that "postponed" actually means "it will arrive but not in the next major upgrade (4.90)"

As with almost every programmable software there are always
many ways to achieve effect. With good programming experience
you can achieve a LOT more than what is offered from GUI alone.
That's nice thing about AmiBroker - it is extensible. For example
Fred has programmed artificial intelligence optimization driver for AmiBroker
that provides features that are not available from AB alone
and this was made possible because AB is open system, i.e. it has
interfaces for 3rd party applications to allow them to control what is happening
inside AB.
For that reason there is hardly anything which is impossible in AmiBroker.
There is always some way (sometimes hard, but still) to achieve desired result.
In the past I tended to provide immediate code examples when someone was
telling that something is impossible but I get bored over time as I have lots of
more interesting/useful things to do :-)

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com